Environment variables SOLVED - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Roy MacGregor Paterson
Subject Environment variables SOLVED
Date
List pgsql-novice
Just a note to say thanks to all who chipped in on this one.

I couldn't get Environment Variables to behave themselves, but I've
since discovered the downloadable PostgreSQL manuals, and bought (and
read ;-) the O'Reilly's:

Using csh and tsch
Unix Power Tools
Learning Unix for Mac OS X

I had solved the PATH environment variable for pg_ctl: it's in the
file .tcshrc, but I just could not get PGDATA to work.

Eventually figured out that, as it was the last line in the .tcshrc
file, it couldn't be seen by setenv because it wasn't followed by a
line feed. This was using BBEdit with .tcshrc defined as a unix file
type.

Roy
--
Roy MacGregor Paterson